Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

TIME FOR CHANGE

If there is anyone out there that is still not happy about there body shape and lacking motivation perhaps Gill’s story can inspire you to make that positive change.

I met with my family in the North East for our annual Christmas Party. I had not seen my twin sister for at least 4 months and could not believe how fantastic she looked. She had lost over 1.5 stones in weight and had introduced exercise in to her lifestyle and had dropped to a size 10.

Imagine how I felt being a size 14 and now nearly 2 stones heavier than my twin. I then analysed my own lifestyle and realized that my exercise was virtually nil (being a member of Esporta and was only going to the gym once a week). I had no focus and no direction.

I would sit on an evening complaining to my husband how overweight I felt, which then sends you on a downward spiral of depression. I was overweight, I’d eat and complain. I am sure that we have all been there.

Some 4 months later my husband said “There is only one person that can change you, and THAT IS YOU how right he was the “Kick up the backside I needed”. Fast forward 7 months. I have now lost 1.5 stones in weight, 7% body fat and have dropped to a size 10. How did I do this? I found Richard Taylor at Richard Taylor Personal Training Club. He advised me on healthy eating and also wrote a fitness programme to suit me, which included running (I could not even run to the bottom of my street without being out of breath).

If anyone had said to me in April of this year that I would achieve this weight loss as well as running a 5 km race in May and a fantastic 10 km race on October (I am still on a high from finishing this race with a personal best time), I would have thought that they were talking about someone else. As well as achieving this I have made many new friends.

Unfortunately the perception of going to the gym is that it is full of “Fit” people, well it is, but they all started at the same point I did, and they are so friendly and supportive.

How do I feel – Fantastic! I have so much energy, I actually look forward to the running and going to the gym. The high you get when people notice your change in shape from the regular exercises gives a positive feeling and from a personal point of view I will never go back to the “old Gill” this is life changing for me.

I know that I would not have achieved this success without the support of my family (my son is so proud of me for doing this) and of course, Richard who has been the iron fist of the whole process.

My twin sister has not yet seen me, I will see her at the annual family Christmas get-together in the North East, we speak daily, and she has also been a great support.

Sitting back on the sofa watching TV, I no longer complain about my weight, I now gloat about my weight loss, and quietly smile to myself. I did it.


Remember “There is only one person that can change you, and that is YOU”!

Richard Taylor Personal Training Club