Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

Success

Amanda Danby’s story

One comment began this journey “why are you so fat with all that running around you do for people” – My Dad August 2013.

I wasn't quite sure how I felt about this comment but it made me realise it’s time to make time for ME! Time to shift this extra weight, time to get fit again, time to be me again and most importantly time to put me first!

Then call it fate or whatever, a link for Richard Taylor Personal Training Club popped up on my
Facebook page. After a few emails I popped in to see Richard to have a chat, I thought why not let’s give this ago. So the beginning of September 2013 my journey began. I don’t know where my inner strength came from but it did. The big thing for me was Richard telling me that I didn't have to run to get slimmer – I hate running, I can’t run, so a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders, I could walk and boy have I walked! Richard just gave me some good solid advice.

Diet - keep it simple, I did, it works. Water- drink lots, I added some lemon juice and I was drinking 2 litres daily no problem! Exercise – I am really enjoying exercise for the first time in years. I really enjoy the type of exercise Richard has given me (walking lots and free weights) I do these exercises regularly on my own in my gym; I am in a very good place at the moment. In the first 7 weeks I lost one stone and lots of inches. Happy Happy!!

It’s now just over 10 weeks since my journey began. I am happier, lighter and fitter. I am exercising more and enjoying it. I thank Richard for all his help and very good advice, but I will never enjoy or like lunges!

I am planning to continue my journey slow and steady, I already have plans in place; A local toning class, to try new classes at the gym and I have downloaded an app! I am very lucky that my husband is so supportive and is not moaning about me going to the gym. I can honestly say these 10 sessions with Richard have changed me for the better.

Amanda Danby

Richard Taylor Personal Training Club
www.richardtaylorpt.co.uk